Thursday, February 02, 2006

wow! that shirley temple went straight to my head.

This post is REALLY two posts. You are all so lucky! Today you get TWO posts for the price of one! yay!

Post #1:

I hate asshole bosses.

Ok... so I needed to call a friend at work today. This is something that I normally avoid doing, since it tends to breed problems for my friend, but the situation was such that I made a snap decision to risk it.

Wouldn't you know, my friend's boss answers the phone. Dammit. I go ahead and ask said boss (SB) if said friend (SF) is available. SB informs me that SF is busy. This is fine. I'm about to say something along the lines of "ok- sorry to call during business hours" or some equally ass-kissing line, but just as I open my mouth, SB informs me that SF is coming to the phone, because SF doesn't like to work, SF likes to talk on the phone.

Asshole.

First of all, SF is one of the hardest workers I know, so SB can kiss my, and SF's ass. Secondly, what an unneccessary thing to say, especially considering the phone call took less than 30 seconds.

SB's behaviour makes me want to call back and yell about labour codes and labour boards and other official documents/bodies that scare jerky bosses into submission from time to time. But I don't want to get SF into trouble. So I will just simmer... apologize to SF after work for damage already done, and wait for the cosmos to kick SB in the ass.


Post #2

Canada: The Land Winter Forgot.

Or so yahoonews tells me. I must say, I don't disagree with this assessment, as I gaze out of my office window onto the sunny hills of the Valley. It really is ridiculously warm. Even all you winter-haters out there (of which I, most certainly, am not one) don't have much to complain about. They're calling for snow tonight. The whopping 2-4cm. I'll have my heavy-duty-deluxe snowblower on standby. If it hasn't disintegrated from lack of use by now...

Not that I WANT the -40 degrees-with-wind-chill temperatures. I just kind of miss the intense coziness and contentment that comes from sitting by a window with a good book, a mug of hot chocolate, wearing my favorite big-woolly-oh-so-warm sweater, and watching a blizzard unfold outside. I also miss the inevitable snowball fight that accompanies the digging-out. *sigh* Ah well. What can a girl do? Not much... and for the time being, I'm gonna go work on my tan.

6 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger Thérèse said...

It's all good. Nasty little power tripping bosses such as that always get their cumuppance.

Especially when SF's friends are involved. Ahem.


And yes. I refuse to complain about the weather because it is beeeeeeeautiful. Prolly means we'll have a nice hot summer too. Woohoo!

So don't jinx it Jenn.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Donna said...

I Miss snow TOOO!

Where is the snow. WHERE???

I am much more upset than you can really tell. I am ver very upset.
I want snow, I want it now, and I want it to stay until April.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger jenn said...

Knock on wood, Donna ;)

T- I said I was gonna work on my tan, didn't I? I'm enjoying it... I AM! I jsut don't trust it, that's all...

Yes. SB had better watch out. SF's friends are incredibly resourceful and devious.

 
At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Where did she say that SB was a man? Yes, I know that the majority of authority figures are men, and so there is a good chance that SB is both a man and an asshole, but it could just as easily be a woman.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Esperanza Molinar said...

duh "anonymous"...we ALL know who she is talking about!!

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger jenn said...

Sarah- I love the image! I'm totally onboard for big fat swirly snowflakes... mmmmmm... I can almost taste the hot chocolate!

Anon- Good point, but Tobin is right: most ppl who read this know who SB is. I try to keep it as neutral as possible so SF doesn't get in trouble on the off OFF chance SB wanders onto this site...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home