Friday, January 20, 2006

death by bagel

Ok... so when the typically ever-so-slightly-bitchy woman who works at your favorite little coffee nook gives you an oh-so-out-of-character grin and tells you to be sure to enjoy the bagel she's just toasted and smothered in cream cheese for you, how do you react? Do you just figure that she really is in a good mood for a change? (at 7:45 in the morning...) Or do you immediately question the contents of your highly anticipated bagel? And if your response is the latter, do you immediately bid a teary-eyed farwell to said breakfast? Or do you suck it up and chance whatever horrid fate awaits you upon consumption? I gotta say, that I totally went the suspicious route... she was just waaaay too cheery. It freaked me out. That said, I couldn't quite bring myself to throw out my precious sesame-seed-ecrusted sphere of goodness. So I'm currently awaiting the onset of some horrid case of food poisoning or Hepatitis or something of that nature. I'll let you know how it goes.

8 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Blogger Thérèse said...

Maybe she just got lucky.

That puts most people in an unusually good mood.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Thérèse said...

Jenn?

...

Jenn?!


Are you still alive??!

You have to still be alive!

IT'S POKER NIGHT!

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger jenn said...

I AM!!!

I have survived the questionable bagel episode thus far!!!

Hopefully my health will last well into my third martini... after that, I'll be comfortably numb, so BRING IT ON!

Woohoooo! POKER NIGHT!

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger jenn said...

Whew! Ok, so cross hepatitis off the list... what about Mad Cow? Can you get Mad Cow from cream cheese? I mean, it originates in a cow...

Regardless, I've decided to write the whole thing off as an unprecedented good mood, as I have yet to drop dead. I sincerely hope that said mood was not a one-time deal...

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger LA said...

Be careful!!Read a chapter in Trainspotting about a cruel waitress!!

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger jenn said...

I had forgotten about that! Ok... good. Thanks for the heads-up, LA ;)

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Michael said...

No change in state?

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger jenn said...

None yet, but I'm still monitoring the situation closely...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home