Monday, January 30, 2006

You're right, Therese: the pressure is building!

Gah- ok... this is the SECOND time I've written this post... since it's Monday morning and I stupidly forgot to save the first one. grumblegrumblegrumble.

I have not posted in four (count them) FOUR days. This is just unacceptable to me. And just as my faithful blog guru informed me it would be when I began the obsession that is blogging, the pressure to produce witty and interesting posts on a daily basis is intense. ESPECIALLY when real life has the audacity to become so all-consuming as to interfere with my ability to relate its events to all of you, my faithful readers. But now it's Monday, and I'm back at the office, so what better time to catch up on lost posting-time?

For me and Tobin, it was a weekend of apartment-putting-together madness. This included:
- not one, but TWO weekend trips to the mall (for the hilarious details of our Saturday afternoon- what the hell were we thinking?!?!?!- trip to Wal-Mart, see Tobin's blog);
- various run-ins with my trusty hammer (both good and bad, painful and harmless);
- one broken picture frame;
- one collapsing bookshelf;
- several calls to the Linksys and Aliant 1-800 numbers (why do routers NEVER do what they're supposed to without at least one call to tech support?);
- the intervention of my fantabulous father and his trusty hack saw;
- an introduction to our new neighbour, Pedro;
- the application of several hundred magnetic words to our washing machine;
- one ginormous crate of microwave popcorn;
- and a partridge in a pear tree.

Sunday became a day of attempting to relax. I got to try out our new, but-in-actuality-really-old-and-clawed-foot tub (which is really worth the cost of rent all on its own, in my opinion), AND we went to yoga. Oh how I love yoga!! Wonderful, calming yoga! (even if I do stand an EXCELLENT chance of looking ridiculous and doing a face plant into the hardwood floor...) So by Sunday evening, Tobin and I were quite mellow. This is a good thing, since, had we not been so mellow, our new blinds would have surely ended up going through one of the windows they were meant to be covering...

Ahhhhhh... dontcha just LOVE new apartments?

But really, for all the complaining I do, I DO love our apartment. And once we have found a home for everything, it will be a truly stellar place to be. It's on the horizon... no, really!... it IS coming.

9 Comments:

At 7:35 AM, Blogger Thérèse said...

the intervention of my fantabulous father and his trusty hack saw;

I think this sentence is better taken out of context.

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Thérèse said...

Also...

I told you so.

*knowing nod*

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger jenn said...

hahahahahaha- it really does conjure some interesting images, doesn't it?? Hmmmmmmm... not sure Dad would appreciate that...

and you did tell me. You did.

 
At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

read this fairly quickly in a british accent:
...school is really just a way of getting children used to the idea that working life is going to consist of sitting at a desk all day performing pointless tasks set by an authority figure in a constant atmosphere of low-level sexual tension.
I know this has nothing to do with anything, but I think it's funny.

 
At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Person 1: My Grandmother had arthritis but she drank a glass of olive oil every day.

Person 2: ...what..and that helped?

Person 1: dunno...but the cremation went very quickly

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger jenn said...

Ok people... I'm thrilled that you're posting and all, but would you PLEASE identify yourselves??? The suspense is killing me!!

 
At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly. What he said. Or she.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger jenn said...

Anon, you are a cruel cruel being to keep me in such suspense. You'd better enjoy it- I'll figure you out, you know. Oh yes. I will.

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ham-ass claims responsibility for the anonymous posts

 

Post a Comment

<< Home