Monday, January 23, 2006

By Jove! I think I've got it!


In the spirit of election day, and as a political scientist (granted one that doesn't put much stock in the legitimacy of parliamentary 'democracy'...), I felt a little dose of electoral humour was in order.

So here it is: Does anyone else see the resemblance between our soon-to-be (please oh please let me be wrong about this...) psycho Prime Minister and Sponge Bob Square Pants?? Or is this just the lack of sleep talking? I always knew there was something about Stephen Harper, besides his politics, that made me uncomfortable... hmmmmmmmm...

Now I'll be the first to admit that I know almost nothing about Sponge Bob, not being a big fan and all, but I can't help but feel that this resemblance is wholly unfair to the poor little cartoon. Please don't hold it against Sponge Bob.

9 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger egan said...

Stephen Harper is a sponge of George Bush's piss? Thérèse sent me to your blog... or did she? Well I am here to remind you to vote today. It looks like I can count on you to vote against Harper. Peace out!

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger jenn said...

hahahahaha- Bush's piss! agreed ;) voting accomplished. keep your fingers crossed!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Grumball said...

When he smiles, yes. But the rest of the time I find he looks more like Jafar from Aladdin. Maybe it's more his attitude that bears resemblance...

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger jenn said...

I think you're right. About the attitude, that is. His face is too round for Jafar... but getting back to Bush... (see previous comments) I actually found an ESL assignement based on correcting W's english! heheheheheheee.

go to:

http://esl.about.com/library/weekly/aa032301a.htm

and

http://esl.about.com/library/weekly/aa032301b.htm

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Krystle said...

HAHA!! Jenn I love that!! and its true! Which totally creeps me out...

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger jenn said...

You'll never look at Sponge Bob the same way again, will you? Poor poor Sponge Bob...

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Thérèse said...

Well, he'll survive. And he'll understand.

He is a square sponge, after all.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Esperanza Molinar said...

OMG between sponge bob here and ron jeremy...what are the conservs up to. they had better change their stance on homosexuality considering the sponge bobness of harper!!!

 
At 3:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck with your moving Jenn. I remember that from August. And I thank my lucky stars I moved then, yes it was HOT (especially being in OTTAWA, tho it wasn't THAT bad) but moving in the winter, damn you are game!

Take care and we'll talk when you are freed up in time.

Cheers.
Jules! @}--}--------------------

 

Post a Comment

<< Home