Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Because I just don't care that much...

I got a call this morning from one of my committee members.

CM: Some of the applications you've sent me are out of order. Should I be taking this into consideration?

Jenn: to self - you've GOT to be fucking kidding me
to CM- No, please don't- there is no specified order for the pages- it really has no bearing on the merit of the application.
(*Note- the applications in question are three pages long and have no page numbers...)

CM: Ok. I won't take it into consideration. This time. Why were these permitted to leave your office in the wrong order?

Jenn: to self- This time? Oh, there will be no next time, my friend... you will NEVER sit on one of my committees again, you uptight, anal retentive, arrogant, out of touch moron...
to CM- Because there is no specified order, and I didn't have time to remove the staples, rearrange one page, and restaple 50 odd applications. It has no bearing on the application itself.
to self- It doesn't matter, you idiot!! Why do you insist that it does? Does reading one page before another make one applicant look better than another? And if so, can't you just turn the page??? Was this really worth a phone call??

CM: I really don't think those are valid reasons. In future you need to pay more attention to these things.

Jenn: to self: I hate CM. I hate CM. I hate CM. I hate CM. I hate CM.
to CM: *sigh* Understood. I'll be more careful in the future. Let me know if you have any more questions.
to self: Is this REALLY a valid use of my time? Really?

CM: See that you do. Good day.

Jenn: to self: WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!?!? "See that you do"??????
to CM: Goodbye.

This job should come with anger management training.

10 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger Thérèse said...

What. A retard.

Honestly. An idiot.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Thérèse said...

Wait, on second thought..

Jenn you should have known better than to not unstaple and restaple and align the pages with hospital-corner precision. Tsk tsk. You should really see to that more carefully.

I mean, you're supposed to be super anal-retentive. This kind of thing just makes you look normal. Be careful.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger jenn said...

oh, I'm anal retentive alright, and really quite conscientious, and if I'd had time, I WOULD have unstapled and restapled just 'cause I know that there are others like CM out there. But I didn't have time. Because I've been completely swamped for three months straight. And I think I just might be losing my mind. So the staples stayed and CM can just deal with it.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Thérèse said...

That's really the kind of detail you should plan for in all of your free time Jenn. Like when you're sleeping.

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should tell CM that you don't get paid enough to restaple apps, and maybe if you actually did what your job description says you do you would actually have enough time to sit there unstapling and reorganizing someone elses application!
Meagan

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps- I think you and I should quit our shitty jobs and go live in our "stone cottages" together....ahhhh

Meagan

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger jenn said...

Meagan- Agreed. When do we leave?

ps- I'll try that next time. I don't know if it'll work, but it'll certainly shut CM up for a second or two, which just might be worth it all.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Grumball said...

People like this deserve a certain special kind of treatment. It involves boiling oil, a chair with wrist and ankle straps, and nasty looking sharp steel tools.

Ok that's way too severe, even in jest.

Nevermind they're just insecure and want to assert themselves somehow. Maybe their home life is wretched. You are their superiority boost for the morning... and that just sucks.

Fuck 'em.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger jenn said...

Thanks for the solidarity, brother ;) I'm currently working on several devious and cunning plans for revenge :D

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger jenn said...

Neil- that is certainly one of my more overt plans for revenge...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home