Friday, March 17, 2006

Sometimes you just need it.

And by IT, I mean a night of pizza, martinis, and a power chick-flick. I'm not sure what the male equivalent would be, and maybe it differs from person to person, but regardless, there are just some days that must be capped off by a healthy dose of mind-numbing alcohol, half an ooey-gooey-extra-cheese pizza , and a movie that causes you to cheer and pump your fist at the screen, even though you know it will have no effect on the outcome of the plot...

Somedays you just need that.

And then you feel better, 'cause you can clearly see through your martini-dimmed eyes that life is better than the bullshit you've recently had to deal with, and so are you.

Then you can go to bed and sleep the sleep that only comes from consuming juuuuuuust the right amount of alcohol.

In the morning, the world is brighter, and you're ready to face the bastards again.

ps- for those of you who are wondering, last night's power chick-flick selection was 'The First Wives Club'. For those of you who haven't seen it, go out and rent it posthaste. Be careful to stretch before you watch it so as not to pull any muscles while fist-pumping ;)

7 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Blogger Thérèse said...

Ha!

Jenn!

I watched it too!

Heeheeheeheehee.

And you're right. Sometimes you do just need that.

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger jenn said...

Heeee...

"You don't own me. I'm not just one of your many toys... You don't own me. Don't say I can't go with other boys..."

I love that song!

I'm gonna be singing it for the next three weeks :D

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Thérèse said...

♪ Don't tell me what to do!
♪ Don't tell me what to say!
♪ Just let me be myself!
♪ That's all I ask of you!

I love it.

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Michael said...

I can relate to the booze making a movie better. I watched 'beauty shop' whilst drunk and cant' understand it's bad ratings.

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger jenn said...

T- ♪You don't own me: do't try to change me in any way! ♪ You don't own me: don't tie me down 'cause I'll never stay... ♪

This could go on for a while...

Michael- hahaha- agreed. Just be careful not to watch the movie again- it'll ruin all your nice images ;)

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Grumball said...

Male equivalent: Pizza, beer, and either a mindless action movie or pro sports (eg. hockey). Fist pumping is also deeply necessary. I don't think we're so different when it comes down to it...

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger jenn said...

Grum: I couldn't agree more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home