Tuesday, March 07, 2006

You don't need God! Sunshine and oranges will save you!

I have returned from the void! Ask not where I've been, just know that I'm back now ;)

This post is a scattered smorgasbord of stuff that I've been meaning to post for a few days and have decided to stick together- an omnibus post, if you will.

FIRST! Let it be known that I have decided that ample doses of the vitamins C and D (in other words, Sunshine and Oranges) are wonderful things and should be administered to all by the public-health nurse, just like meningitis vaccines or something.

SECOND! I have some updates on past posts...

1.) that moron of a governor in South Dakota has signed the flippin' anti-abortion bill into law. Now it's up to the pro-choice lobby to file a challenge with the courts... So it begins...

2.) at the suggestion of some of you, I submitted my post on childcare and the state to all of the local papers. At least one of them (our local rag) picked it up- it's in the February 27th 'Opinions' section! That said, they edited the crap out of it... took out all the fun stuff (apparently you can't say 'fart' or 'screw' in today's mass media...). Bastards. If any of you have seen it elsewhere, I'd love to know about it!

THIRD! Funny randomness that is, apparently, one of my many trademarks ;)

So! This morning I decided to walk to work. It's an absolutely GORGEOUS day, and since I am feeling rejuvenated (and didn't want to pay bus fare), I stuck a mixed CD in my portable disc-player, threw my sneakers on, and proceeded to bee-bop my way on up the hill.

I was doing great until I hit a patch of ice about a hundred feet from my office. Fuck.

It's all good, though! I recovered quickly with my dignity and muscles intact.

I love this time of year.

4 Comments:

At 6:51 AM, Blogger Thérèse said...

Yes. Me too. The only thing that's annoying is having to hold your breath to avoid the smell of the poopies left behind by the doggies etc.

It's a beautiful day!!!!

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Thérèse said...

I agree that sunshine and oranges really ought to be prescribed.

Mmmm... Oranges...

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger jenn said...

Ah yes... the decaying dog-shit smell of thawing nature... gotta love it ;)

Although, if you walk early enough (ie prior to 9am), the stuff is still frozen, and therefore less smelly 'cause the sun is not properly up yet...

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger jenn said...

Hehehehehhe... of course, Sarah! Silly me... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home