Wednesday, February 22, 2006

tomato sauce is evil

Well wouldn't it happen that the one day I've worn white in the last two months is the one day that I'm seriously jonesing for spaghetti?? You know it would. That's right. And what better to go with my nice off-white tank-top but a nice spot of tomato sauce?? (Strategically placed, of course, front and centre on the bustline... where else?) Even my trusty little Tide pen is not equal to the task. I fear for the well being of my tank. Evil, Evil spaghetti! Why did you make me want you so? Why did I give in? I am weak. WEAK!

The old addage really is true: you CAN dress me up, but you can't take me anywhere... unless you follow me around with a bib, a dustpan, a washcloth, and a Tide pen...

** please note that this is NOT an advertisement for Tide pens... the damn thing let me down. I still have a little orange spot, front and centre. *grumble grumble grumble*

Good day to you all.

6 Comments:

At 5:31 AM, Blogger shannon said...

Jenn, I am the queen of stain removal. You need to be when you are capable of spilling 16 gallons of chocolate sauce on your white sweater.

But honestly, go to the washroom and soak your shirt where the spot is (did this happen today, like right now? by the way you have to take off your shirt in the washroom for this). Then apply tide pen, blot. Wet again. Apply more tide pen. Blot with a paper towel, like through both sides, so the fabric is almost dry. Add more tide pen. There it should be lighter now but will probably not be all gone.

Now. When you get home wet the stain again and put some shout on it. Let the shout work overnight. The next day, put some safe-for-fabrics-with-colour javex brand stain remover on it. It will look blue, don't worry.

Leave it to sit for like 3 days.

Wash.

Oh man I should get my own cooking and cleaning show. I am so domestic. Ha.

Actually I'm not kidding, that's how I got all of that chocolate from mexi's out of my white sweater. You may not need to be as vigorous as I was since I'm sure you didn't spill a whole pot of spaghetti on yourself like I did with the chocolate.

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger jenn said...

Wow! Thanks, Shannon! It actually happened yesterday... the said tank-top is currently at home with the appropriate glob of Shout soaking through its fibres... I do have to get some of the colour-safe bleach tho. Tonight.

ps- you really should have your own show. It would be great!

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Thérèse said...

Wow, Shannon!

You really are the queen of stain removal!

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Esperanza Molinar said...

I feel somewhat responsible for this...as I served the spaghetti:)

Tide pen failed....its like there is no od or something....

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger jenn said...

and by no od, I assume you mean no god... and yes, I agree. What the hell is going on???

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger jenn said...

FYI- the afflicted tank-top has come through the wash with flying colours... or a complete lack thereof in this case. I would like to thank you all for your help and support during this difficult time. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home