Thursday, March 02, 2006

Gesundheit!

Let me set the stage for you:

An office.

A beautiful young woman, let's call her... Jane... is walking towards the out-going mail box, sheaf of out-going mail in hand.

A nameless co-worker rounds the corner, whilst initiating what looks to be a massive sneeze.

At the last second, the nameless co-worker, realizes Jane's proximity (too close for comfort) and cuts sneeze off (quite a considerate, and no easy thing to do! I'm sure you'll agree.)

Nameless co-worker: (disappointed) Aw. You made me lose my sneeze!

Jane: (confused while feeling grateful for the lack of sneezage in my..oops, I mean her... general direction) I'm sorry... is this a bad thing?

Nameless co-worker: (indignant) Yes. I don't like to lose a sneeze once it's started! (walks off slightly miffed.)

Jane: (standing at the out-going mail box, staring bewildered after her nameless coworker) Okaaaaaaaaay....

to self- Really... is it THAT big of a deal? Really?

Jane shakes her head, deposits her outgoing mail in the outgoing mailbox, walks back to her desk -taking care to give her co-worker a wide berth and thereby eliminate the need for 'losing' any more sneezes- and returns to her incredibly productive day.

6 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Blogger Thérèse said...

(giggle)

Poor Jenn. I mean Jane.

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you know they say sneezing is like 1/10 of an orgasm or something!

Meg

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger jenn said...

But do I... I mean Jane... Does Jane really need to be involved in that? I mean, this is the office! Why should she have to worry about people's fractional orgasims at the office??

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Thérèse said...

Maybe (giggle) she only gets them (giggle) through her sneezes, and (giggle)you cost her half of her (giggle) daily orgasm quota.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger jenn said...

That's a good point, T... wow... I I'll tell Jane that she should go apologize and then buy nameless coworker a bag of feathers or dustmites or cat hair or something... things could get nasty around there if she doesn't...

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girls.. that was a great post Jenn, and your friends (and SISTER) made great comments...hahhahaha.. i love it.

~Jules~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home