Monday, March 13, 2006

Ancient Greek is Chic. Who knew?

So I'm sitting in the movie theatre with two friends... the VERY front row... craning to see the screen (there was an incident with a taxi that caused us to be lateish- don't ask). We are preparing to watch what we expect will be a fairly serious movie... I'm getting into my serious-movie-mind-frame... the previews have finished... I'm cozy in my seat... and the opening credits begin. The logo for Columbia Studios flashes onto the screen (see pic to the left). I'm all anticipation- set for the flick, when my friend whispers (seemingly to herself):

"Ooooo, I like her dress!"

And I'm done. Totally finished- I dissolve into giggles. I'm pretty sure the guy beside me had murder or some form of hideous torture on his mind... I didn't fully recover until we left the theatre two hours later. It was totally worth the price of the ticket just to hear her utter those words.

You have no idea.

6 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Thérèse said...

(giggle)

Well it's true, you know. I do.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger jenn said...

It really is a great dress... I guess I had just never considered it before...

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn, thanks for making an otherwise glum day funny.

:)

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger jenn said...

Sarah- It was "Freedomland", and although it was certainly serious and had great potential, it turned out to be a slightly strange garble of messages and twists... I'd wait for the DVD if I were you.

ps- congrats on the paper!!! YAY!

Anon- You're welcome. Glad I could aid in scaring the glummies away for a bit ;)

 
At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenn, Anon was yours truly. I was so bumbed out yesterday. YES, I rush too much and slipped AGAIN, so reading that brought a smile to my face.

~Julie~

 
At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Toby said...

Thankk you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home