Thursday, March 09, 2006

Even inanimate objects are commenting on my eating habits now...

In a recent and unwelcome development at work, I've found that each vending machine has been fitted with flourescent orange triangle of paper in one corner of the window... each of these triangles has a big, puffy heart on it, and script that says "Follow the heart for healthy selections". The idea here is that the 'healthy' selections in the machine will be tagged with a similar, though smaller, heart.

The first time I saw this, I took the advice of the poster and attempted to follow the heart: it was like a 'Where's Waldo' game. Find the health heart in the vending machine! I finally found one lonely little heart tagged under a bag of spinach-flavoured Sunchips in a sea of cheesies, chocolate bars, and danishes.

It made me laugh out loud.

Is it really necessary to point out that pretty much EVERYTHING in a vending machine is the polar opposite of healthy?? I mean, really... who doesn't already acknowledge that?

Since then it's just become annoying: It's like everytime I don't select the Sunchips (which I hate), I'm being judged for my lack of health-consciousness, and I'm beginning to resent that. I'm not buying from the vending machine 'cause I'm not interested in my health, you judgemental SOB, I'm buying 'cause I forgot my lunch and the damn coffee place is closed. So just stop with your stupid little day-glo hearts and GO AWAY!

Geez! Everything's a critic these days...

4 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Thérèse said...

Hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Thérèse said...

Hee.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger jenn said...

You mean to tell me, Therese, that you don't feel judged by the nutritional information on the candy-bar wrapper on your desk???

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Thérèse said...

Jenn, you know I can't read...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home