Tuesday, March 14, 2006

pitter patter

It's raining, it's pouring. The old man is snoring. He went to bed, bumped his head, and he couldn't get up in the morning.

It's raining today.

But it's a good rain.

It's a spring rain.

The air is cool and fresh, and the rain is falling perfectly: not monsoon, but not mist either.

The River has all but thawed.

The grass is slowly beginning to green up.

I envision crocus and hyacinth bulbs awakening in the soil and commencing their annual journey towards the sun.

Soon we will be able to glimpse little bits of white, yellow, and purple poking out of the flower beds of this town (did you know that crocii always bloom in order of their colour?).

I'm listening to Norah Jones and k.d. lang and have opened my window in the hopes of airing out this over-heated and stuffy room.

I love the sound of car-tires on wet pavement.

Love it.

It's a good day here. Hope it is wherever you are too.

12 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Blogger Thérèse said...

Well, down the street in a different building, the weather is just out of reach.

The sky is overcast, but not in a bad way, and I miss my vinyl clear pink umbrella.

The windows are closed and it is warm and comfortable in the lab.

I am wearing a skirt for the first time in a while.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger jenn said...

oooooo... sounds delightful! I pondered wearing a skirt this morning... it's almost time.

What happened to your clear pink vinyl umbrella??

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Thérèse said...

Dunno. It is MIA. It's ok. I still have a red one.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger jenn said...

red is better than pink anyway... hmmmmm. That reminds me: I need a new umbrella.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger kris said...

Are there worms? I refuse to believe it's spring if there aren't worms!

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger jenn said...

As a matter of fact, Kris, I did see a worm on my way to the bookstore at lunch today... let the spring time celebrations begin!!!

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Grumball said...

We just get bright sun all day every day. Despite this it's been relatively cold (-10 or so) lately. In fact, it was warmer before the beginning of March than since.

As an unfortunate twist on the sun situation, I left my sunglasses in Will's car (he drove us to the ski hill on Sunday).

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger jenn said...

Oh no! Anyway to retrieve the lonely shades? Or had Will flown the proverbial coop?

-10 is still pretty good considering your location and the time of year... yay!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Krystle said...

It's snowy and windy here today...crappity crap crap. But it was BEEEEAUTIFUL here on the weekend, so I do know what you mean...and it's quite funny cause I posted the same idea on my blog today :D

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Esperanza Molinar said...

now that I am warm and in our apt I can appreciate the rain and enjoy your blog post:) I heart spring!!!!

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger j.sterling said...

it's hailing here. please tell me wher ethe fuck i've moved to?! lol

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger jenn said...

Krystel: Take heart! Spring really IS on its way!!!

Tobin: Hahahahahhaha... funny how your perspective changes once you've had a chance to wring yourself out, huh? ;)

jennster: I dunno. Where HAVE you moved to? (I'm guessing hail is not par for the course?)

Sarah: first- ew. second- yes please! I wanna see the pretty new ensemble!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home