Wednesday, July 12, 2006

construction season...

It's summer; that time of the year when everything is in bloom, birds sing, and soft, warm breezes play across your face as you enjoy a leisurely stroll along the riverbank. It is most people's favorite season, but in my neck of the woods, we have another name for summer: Construction.

Everything that could bloom has been dug up, and I have a headache that has nothing to do with the damn birds...

It might have something to do with the fact that a jack-hammer has been going almost non-stop just down the street from my office for the last three days, or that yesterday a truck seemed to be backing up interminably, thus exposing us all to that insipid "beeeeeeeeep- beeeeeeeeeep- beeeeeeeeeeep" for the ENTIRE day. Oh joy. There it is again.

*sigh*

When is the snow coming??

8 Comments:

At 6:34 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Suddenly, not having any windows in my 'office' seems to be a good thing... ;P

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Thérèse said...

I'm melting.

No, seriously, I think I'm melting.

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, Jenn, we don't like snow...

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Thérèse said...

This rain is just as good, isn't it? It's no longer swealteringly hot, but still, no snow! Win-win! :D

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOT!! HAHA!

We'll be in the 40s this weekend with the HUMIDEX in Ottawa. I am hiding next to my AC unit all weekend. ARG!

Hope the "beeping" has ended Jenn.

TTFN
~Jules

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger jenn said...

Anon: I know, but at least it's QUIET in the snow...

Therese: Yes, but has the rain managed to STOP THE BEEPING?? If it has, then we can talk.

Jules: I hear ya... today we're supposed to be feeling 38+ with the humidex and my gd office is NOT air conditioned. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die.

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon was Sarah...at work.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger jenn said...

Aha! Hi Sarah at work!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home