Summer is on it's way! As proof of this miraculous occurrence, I offer the following evidence:
- trees are greening up nicely- they're that wonderful yellow-new-bud green. I love it!
- tulips are beginning to bloom throughout the downtown area;
- the hyacinths and crocii are almost done (sad, but a necessary evil of the progression of the seasons);
- the black flies have begun to make their appearance in New Maryland (ew!);
AND (last but most certainly NOT least)
- I got my first sunburn of the season yesterday!!!
The burn was achieved during the lunch hour, at which time I was to be found consuming my lunch on a bench under a tree just outside my office building. The weather was unexpectedly gorgeous, and it can therefore be understood why my arm wandered (of it's own free will, of course...) out of the protective shade of the tree and into a patch of noon-time sun- it was merely attempting to make up for five months of vitamin-D deprivation. The arm cannot be blamed.
My (ever-so-slightly-but-lovably-over-protective) father is less than thrilled- as a result of yesterday's rebelliousness on the part of my right arm, Dad has already begun his annual campaign to do away with all short-sleeve shirts and to have both of his daughters and his wife permanently doused in SPF 60 sunscreen with a wide-brimmed hat glued to our heads.
I love you Dad. :D