Thursday, April 27, 2006

Buchimge. Yum.

Last night, I learned how to make buchimge, which is my favorite (and oh-so easy to create, as it turns out) Korean treat. My students call it "Korean Pizza", but it's not actually pizza at all... more like a hybrid of a crepe and an omelet. Yummy!

And now I can make it in the comfort of my own home. One of my students informs me that it is best consumed on a rainy day with a cold beer. Hmmmmm... beer? (check!) rainy day? (just wait a few hours... check!)

I plan to assail Tobin with the delights of buchimge at some point this weekend... hopefully we will also be able to arrange for the beer and the rain to complete the experience... But don't tell her! It's a SURPRISE! Ha! Oh wait... what if she reads this??... oh well. Still. Nobody tell her, kay???

For those of you who are wondering, it is pronounced boo-chim-gay (contrary to the opinions of certain parties, who shall remain nameless, it is not 'butt-cheek') and is composed of flour, eggs, water, and pretty much whatever veggies you have lying around your fridge. There is also the high-test version, which utilizes kimchi (Korean radishes and hot peppers wrapped in cabbage and left to ferment for a while- you've got to try it to know that it's yummy!) and tuna. This is a bit zippy, but seriously yummy too. Serve with a soy-sesame dipping sauce... Hmmmmmm... ok. now I'm hungry.

3 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Blogger Thérèse said...

Oh Jenn.

That looks and sounds like all kinds of yummy.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger jenn said...

Oh Therese.

It really really is. You don't even know. But maybe sometime soon, you will ;)

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Thérèse said...

*not opposed to the idea*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home