Monday, October 30, 2006

Random Jenn: Inadvertently repairing photocopiers since late 2006.

It's Monday. That should have been my first clue. AND I awoke with a headache. AND my wrist was (and is) f*#^ing killing me.

BUT.

I've been trying to improve my attitude of late, and this therefore means that I am no longer permitted to write the day off as a loss before noon. So I have been stubbornly looking on the bright side of life all day. For example:

It's Monday morning: I don't have to teach tonight, and there is a pumpkin just waiting to become a jack-o-lantern in eight to ten hours!

I awoke with a headache: probably lack of caffeine. Better have that fabled second cup of coffee this morning.

My wrist hurts like h*$$ and has developed a strange bump: perhaps it's carpal tunnel syndrome and I can get a medical leave from work due to my inability to type.

My 10am meeting neglected to show up: Whew. Another hour in which I can work at clearing this stinkin' 'TO DO' list.

The milk I keep for my tea is found to have gone sour: Ah well, I've always wondered if I would like my tea black...

My 10am meeting shows up at 11am: I didn't really want to work on that 'TO DO' list anyway...

The wrap I purchased for lunch is soggy and quite gross: Meh, I didn't really need the preservatives and calories anyway.

Our photocopier has been embellishing each and every sheet of paper with a nice clean stripe approximately three inches down from the top of the sheet: The stripe is just below the letterhead... it looks like I did it on purpose.

I somehow manage to end up with 44 copies of the letter I needed only 4 copies of and in the process jam the copier beyond all recognition: In the process of disasembling the copier to extract the six-hundred-and-forty-two segments of ripped paper stuck in its various cogs and rollers, getting myself coated in a fine layer of toner, cutting one finger, and re-setting various paper sizes (accidentally), I also managed to somehow banish the hideous and unwanted stripe.

Hm. See how good I'm getting at this whole sunshine thing?

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger Mycaelus said...

You're the epitome of sunshinyness.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Wow, work some of your voodoo magic in my direction!

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I particularly like the twist on carpal tunnel, good one! Still hope it's feeling better though:)

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger jenn said...

Mycaelus: Thanks... I try ;)

Jay: I am meditating in the general direction of the GTA as I type... can you feel the waves?

Michelle: Hee. That was one of my favs too (although the justification for greater caffeine intake was pretty good)... and the wrist is definitely feeling better today.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Grumball said...

How I deal with these things:
Monday: Stay in bed till noon.
Headache: Go back to/stay in bed.
Injured: Go back to/stay in bed.
10 am meeting didn't happen: Go home, go in bed.
Milk is sour: Drink milk, use results as excuse to go back to/stay in bed.
10 am shows up at 11: Too late sucker, I'm asleep and my phone's off.
Gross lunch: same principle as sour milk.
Copier trouble: use as an excuse to do no work. Go home to bed.
Too many copies/paper jam: Carry extra copies around as though they aren't copies, and I did that much work this morning. Treat paper jam as "copier trouble" (see above).

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger jenn said...

I wish I still had the kind of life that would allow me to stay in bed whenever I didn't want to face the day... stupid job.

Only ~39 working years left until retirement. *sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home