Friday, October 06, 2006

ho hum

It's Friday! Yipppeeeee!

This is good. I have been schemeing about this day allllll the live-long week;

Very difficult decisions have to be made;

For instance:

- When it is finally time for me to drag my ass home for three full days of freedom from this hell-hole masquerading as an office, do I stop for the traditional Friday-at-5 beer, or do I just burn rubber to get away from here as quickly as possible??

- When I arrive home, do I slip into the flannel or the cotton pjs?

- What do I pour myself to drink? (and this is a tough one) A nice hot cup of Earl Grey, or the largest glass of red wine ever consumed? Or both?

- Finally, do I agonize over which movie to watch so I can knit whilst watching, or do I read my book, which precludes knitting... (now wishing I'd taken a page out of Aunt Nan's book and got the damned book on tape...)

VERY exciting stuff, I know. But it's been a week- well ok, a month- from hell, and it's the long weekend, so a girl's entitled to embrace her inner octogenarian, and hole-up on a Friday night, isn't she? All those in favour, say aye!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

AYE!

...and amen!

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AYE!!!!!

Sounds like some tough decisions indeed. But my oh my how they are fun to make, eh? :)

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Mycaelus said...

Aye

And you should go with reading.. 'cause that's what I would do.

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger Grumball said...

hell, AYE!

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger jenn said...

Hehehehehe... thanks guys!

FYI, here's what I actually went with:

- stopped by the ANH for the traditional beer avec mon petit soeur.

- totally went for the flannel ;)

- Red wine. All the way.

- I did both!! And actually ended up reading until 3:30am... I love a good page turner ;)

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Mycaelus said...

What did you read? What did you read? I'm always on the lookout for interesting books. I'm currently working my way through Night. You know, the story written by a holocaust survivor. Good book so far. You should totally read it if you haven't yet.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger jenn said...

Mycaelus: Night, huh? I'll keep that one in mind. I was reading "The Queen's Fool"- it's a bit of hirtoical fiction based during the rise and fall of Queen Mary in the 1550's... pretty interesting stuff, if you like that point in history (and I'll admit, I've got a mild obsession with it).

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger jenn said...

and by 'hirtoical', I mean historical. I can type. Really.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home