Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The benefits of Queen, freestyle.

It's amazing what things will make you smile and set your day off on the right foot.

This morning it was the solitary, and very off-tune stylings of the guy I passed on my way to work. He was crooning to himself while painting his house, and I was delighted when I realized that his tune of choice was Bohemian Rhapsody. As I passed him, I joined him by singing along in my head, and couldn't help but grin when he shakily extended the note that accompanies "toooo meeeee" about three beats longer than Freddy would have done. Gotta love poetic license.

More people should sing as they work. I think the world would be a much calmer, happier, and entertaining place if we did.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you there.

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*grin*

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger JMH said...

Singing, especially singing badly, is a valuable weapon against the evils of excessive self-consciousness. And it gives courage to others, sometimes the courage to berate you.

THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTNING, VERY VERY FRIGHTENING ME...

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger jenn said...

Therese- I thought you might ;D

JMH- Too true. Sing it!

GALILEO!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love it when I hear people going about their business singing - tunefully or not! ;-)

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Jay said...

That's awesome. I think you can really just sing the blues away if you're doing it right!

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger jenn said...

Jay, it's so true. It's amazing how the right tune can change your mood!

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger JMH said...

Jen. Where have you gone? A couple of months is a long time in the blogosphere.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger nancy.latham said...

Jen, you have written a few of things I've been thinking about, re: yer Grandma Beulah.

I had a lovely dream this morning where she and I were whizzing around an Indian city in a tuktuk with her wheelchair tucked safely behind the seat. We were staying in a deluxe hotel and we were having fun.

I'd forgotten that I sometimes get to visit with people I can't be with in my dreams.

Love you, Auntie N.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home